This privacy statement sets out the Department for Education (the department)'s policy in relation to the privacy and security of your personal information when you visit this website. This website is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia's Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) . The department is responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is collected, stored on or passing through this website.
What information is collected
This website collects and uses the following information from users who visit the website:
Record of visits
A record of your visit to this website based on your IP address is logged for statistical purposes including:
- the date and time
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- any previous website visited that directed you to this website via a link
- the type of browser used
- search terms entered into the site, and interactions with search results
- number of user accounts created
- number and type of employer opportunities submitted.
This information is analysed from time to time to determine the website's usage statistics.
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the department’s service provider's logs.
The website retains the name and email address of people who:
- create a user account, for the purpose of allowing access to the account, facilitating the reset password process, and enabling the user to share via email any employer opportunities of interest.
- submit an opportunity for a school-based apprenticeship, traineeship, work experience or other career opportunity, for the purposes sending emails about the publication status of the post.
- send emails to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org for the purpose of sending a response. This data is stored in a secure area within the Government of South Australia's message services system and will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
Additional information collected
This website offers four tools and/or features, which collect and retain information as follows:
- ‘CV Builder' - any information entered and saved as text, a URL or a file is retained for the purpose of displaying the content in the online CV, and to allow the CV to be exported from the website to the user’s computer or device. Only the currently displayed version of text in the CV builder is stored. Previous versions of inputted text, URLs or files are not retained.
- ‘World of Work (WOW) Challenge’ - any information entered and saved as text in the WOW Challenge as part of describing and recording completion of work exploration activities will be retained for the purpose of being able to display and print the user’s activity record, and to keep a record of hours completed so that a certificate of achievement can be generated at the appropriate time. Only the currently displayed version of text in the WOW challenge is stored. Previous versions of inputted text, URLs or files are not retained.
- ‘WOW Challenge Certificate’ - when a user completes 50 or 100 hours in the WOW Challenge, a certificate is automatically generated by the website and is populated with the name that the user has provided at registration. The 50-hour certificate is stored until 100 hours is reached, and the 100-hour certificate remains the sole one stored.
- Employer Opportunities – any information submitted by representatives from businesses or organisations in posting an apprenticeship, traineeship, work experience, or career-related opportunity on the Student Pathways website, including the contact details, will be retained for the purpose of displaying that information to students and teachers, for students to share with their teachers, and for the teachers to contact the employers. In posting their contact details, employers may receive contact from people other than teachers, e.g. students, their families and/or members of the public interacting with the website. Employers can request their information is changed or removed by contacting email@example.com. Employer opportunities which have expired or requested to be removed from public display are stored in an archive area of the website for five years in accordance with the department's records management policy.
Use of personal information
All data collected is stored in a secure area on the Australian-based servers of Sqiuz (Australia), a third party contracted to the department to deliver website hosting and management services. Website administrators within the department are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the IPPs.
Users can deactivate their account at any time through the 'My account' tab. A deactivated account is archived in a secure area of the website, and stored for five years, as required by the department's records management policy. After five years, it is deleted. Employer opportunities which were live but have expired or been removed are also kept for five years in a secure area of the website, then deleted.
Your personal information will not be disclosed any other parties except:
- as stated above
- in accordance with the IPPs.
Potential risks to your privacy
There are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when deciding whether you should use this website. There are alternative ways to obtain information from, and transacting business with, the department for those users who do not wish to use the internet.
Third party websites
This website contains links to many other websites that are included on the basis that they contain related content. When a user clicks on a link to another website, they leave this website, and this privacy statement does not apply to those websites.
The department uses Google Analytics to monitor traffic and user behaviour when users access on this website. Personal information is not recorded as part of this process. However, if you wish to prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics you can install a browser add-on.
Updates to this privacy statement
The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated at any time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.
Student Pathways and Careers, Department for Education